BIS Awards and Achievements
In BIS, we recognise the importance of both academic achievement and extra-curricular activities.The annual BIS Graduation Breakfast is held before the graduation ceremony in UCC. This event is hosted by the BIS Advisory Board. A number of prizes are awarded as part of the ceremony, these include:
- Bank of Ireland Gold Medal Award - awarded annually to the BIS student who achieves the highest marks in his/her final year (4th Year).
- Bank of Ireland Silver Medal Award - awarded annually to the most innovative Final Year project undertaken.
- BIS .NET Project of the Year- sponsored by Microsoft for the most innovative .NET project.
Other Annual BIS Awards include:
BIS Anthology Awards showcases the creativity and artistic skills of our students. Prizes are awarded for the best entries in the following categories:
- Short Stories and Articles
- BIS Tutor of the Year Awards are presented annually to the tutor who shows most care, enthusiasm and diligence with regard to tutoring during the course of the year.
- Best Leaving Certificate Results- A one year university scholarship may be offered to a First Year BIS registered student who achieves a minimum of 540 points in their Leaving Certificate examination.