Ms Eimear McGeownBack
Eimear McGeown is a Lecturer in the Department of Accounting, Finance and Information Systems, at University College Cork (UCC) where she specialises in accounting. Eimear is a fellow of the institute of Chartered Accountants Ireland. She also holds a first class honours degrees in BSc (Joint Hons.) Accounting and Economics from Queens University, Belfast and was awarded the KPMG prize for the Best Economic Graduate
Eimear is currently pursuing her PhD thesis on the availability of finance for Small to Medium sized Enterprises.
Eimear recently joined UCC and has significant industry experience in accountancy practice and banking. Eimear trained as a Chartered Accountant in PwC in Belfast before transferring to the Corporate Finance Division of PwC in Dublin. On relocation to Cork she joined the Corporate Finance Division of SWS.
Before joining UCC, Eimear worked in AIB as a manager in the Corporate Financial Services Group where he focus was on restructuring SME debt. Eimear has ten years’ experience in Banking have worked in both lending and restructuring.
Banking experience includes managing a portfolio of both property and cashflow loans across a number of different sectors and comprehensive management of distressed business loans.
Practice experience includes financial modelling, evaluation of investment proposals, structuring tax incentive investments, advising on PPP (Public Private Partnerships), company valuations, feasibility studies, funding proposals, mergers, disposals and acquisitions.
Eimear's main research interests are in investment appraisal, capital structure and financing for small to medium sized enterprises.
- Fellow, Institute of Chartered Accountants Ireland (01-NOV-00 / 15-DEC-14)
- Member, Institute of Bankers (07-JUL-05 / 15-DEC-14)
- Placement Plan
- Principles of Accounting
- Cases in Corporate Finance
- Queens University Belfast , Diploma, Accounting (Post Graduate) (1997)
- Queens University Belfast , B.Sc. (Honours), Economics and Accounting (Joint Hons) (1996)
- Lecturer, University College Cork (18-AUG-14 / 15-DEC-14)
- Manager - Corporate Restructuring, Allied Irish Bank (08-APR-13 / 05-AUG-14)
- Manager, IBRC / Anglo Irish Bank (10-AUG-04 / 06-FEB-13)
- Manager, SWS - Corporate Finance (07-OCT-03 / 08-JUL-04)
- Corporate Finance Manager, PwC Dublin (08-NOV-00 / 17-SEP-03)
- Traine Accountnat, PwC Belfast (02-SEP-97 / 27-OCT-00)