Mr Gerard HorganBack
Gerard commenced employment with UCC in the Quality Promotion Unit in 2005 and moved to the Department of Management & Marketing in 2007 to gain experience operating in an academic department. He is responsible for administrative matters around undergraduate and postgraduate programmes, including the MSc in Management & Marketing, which was voted the number one postgraduate programme in UCC by the Irish Times. Gerard is also responsible for the smooth and efficient running of the Departmental exams process and liaises on a day-to-day basis with a large academic staff and student body.
During his time in UCC, Gerard has sought continued professional development and has completed a range of short and medium term courses aimed at developing and enhancing his administrative skills. He holds certificates in several areas including student welfare and health and safety, which demonstrate his commitment to and concern for the wider University community.
Prior to arriving in UCC, Gerard was employed in the Directorate General for Education & Culture in the European Commission (Brussels) where he contributed to a review of EU Member States’ educational policies around engagement with Information and Communications Technology (ICT). In terms of academic achievement, Gerard holds a Joint Honours Degree in History & Sociology, a Diploma in French and a First Class Honours MA in International Studies.
- Postgraduate Certificate in Project Management (2018), University College Cork
- MA in International Studies (First Class Honours) (2003), University of Limerick
- Diploma in French (1998), Cavilam Language Institute, France
- Bachelor of Arts (Joint Honours) in History & Sociology (1997), University College Cork
- Outstanding Colleague Award, University College Cork (2017)