The Department of Business Information Systems will welcome eleven female teachers from Nigeria to this event. These teachers are all members of Women in Colleges of Education Nigeria. The visitors will each present on their own work as reflective teachers. All are welcome to attend.
In today's digital age, there is a need for teachers to rethink their teaching practices, analyze how it has been done and how it might be improved or transformed. This workshop will focus on the concept of Reflective Teaching in Teacher Education (RTTE).
The teaching profession has been the most rewarding profession as its outcome leads to the development of the entire society. The traditional teaching nethod is valued greatly and regarded as an indicator for the quality of the teacher. In order to achieve better learning outcomes in today's digital age, there is a need for teachers to rethink their teaching practices, analyze how it has been done and how it might be improved or transformed. Hence, reflective teaching.
This workshop is aimed at bringing together professionals from all walks of life to brainstorm on Reflective Teaching in Teacher Education (RTTE), and promote the newer and better pedagogies that will benefit learners and society in general.
- Teacher & change: the role of reflective practice.
- Teachers professional development through reflective teaching practice.
- High impact teacher education from a reflective teaching method.
- Innovative & creative education via a reflective teaching practice.
- Towards attaining digital evolution in teaching and learning; a reflective teaching practice approach
|Date||11-13 December 2019|
|Time||10am to 3pm|
|Venue||Wednesday: Boole 5 | Thursday & Friday: Boole 3|
- Professor Joesph Feller, Head of the Department of Business Information Systems
- Dr Ciara Heavin, Department of Business Information Systems
This event has been organised in collaboration with the Department of Business Information Systems, who have successfully achieved the Athena Swan Bronze Departmental Award.