Announcing MSc FinTech: A New Research Masters in Business Information Systems at Cork University Business School (UCC).
Business Information Systems at Cork University Business School (UCC) Ireland, in collaboration with State Street Corporation and Zhejiang University are pleased to invite applications for a unique, industry focused career-defining postgraduate research experience in the Statestreet Advanced Technology Centre in University College Cork.
Participants in this programme will be enrolled in the full-time MSc by Research in Business Information Systems (BIS) for one year, full time, with a start date of September 2017 and receive an internship from State Street with an annual salary of up to €20,000 (students are responsible for paying their own fees for the MSc).
Additionally, participants will;
- have a supervisor from BIS at UCC and an industry advisor from State Street.
- conduct original research in cutting edge Fintech (specific topics and appropriate research methods will be set by the supervisor and industry advisor, considering participant interests and background
- leverage their research to author, with their supervisors and advisor, research articles for both an industry audience and for peer-reviewed international journals.
- submit a portfolio of articles for examination and fulfilment of the MSc degree
- be able to apply to receive travel support to visit China to facilitate research activities and educational/cultural exchange.
Applicants should have a:
- demonstrated aptitude for creative problem solving, analytical and critical thinking, and effective written communication.
- demonstrated capacity for both self-directed independent work and effective collaboration within teams.
- strong and relevant academic record (2H1+ in Information Systems, Computer Science, Behavioural Sciences, Business or related field).
Applications should be made via the Postgraduate Application Centre (PAC) using the course code CKM03
For more information, please contact Dr Phillp O'Reilly